- Immunity Booster
This week, Michelle from Escents Commercial Drive submitted this recipe for a natural immunity booster. She had a lingering cold from the holidays and this blend finally shook of her pesky cough. Since then, she has been using this spray around her home and keeps it with her for a little 'boost' mid-day. Here is the recipe and how it works:
120 ml Unscented Aroma Mist
8 drops Lavender essential oil
10 drops Frankincense essential oil
10 drops Lemon essential oil
12 drops Myrtle essential oil
This blend works wonders for a weakened immune system. If you are trying to shake a lingering cold or infection or if you suffer from chronic allergies this is a great mist to have on hand.
About the Oils:
The oils for this blend are combined to balance and boost your immune system.
- Lavender is used here for its anti-septic qualities and its ability to treat bronchitis, sore throats, coughs as well as balance the immune system thus bolstering a weak one or calming an over-reactive system.
- Frankincense commonly used for meditative benefits this popular oil is chosen here for its ability to regulate mucus secretion, treat bronchitis and laryngitis and thus ease respiratory difficulty.
- Lemon, like most citrus oils, Lemon is anti-septic and astringent and it is also soothing to the throat.
- Myrtle can be used to treat lung infections and is also beneficial for treating: Asthma, bronchitis, coughs and even tuberculosis. Additionally, it works on the immune system to protect against colds, flus and infectious disease. This oil is antiseptic and astringent, it is also and expectorant and regulator with slightly sedative qualities.
How to Use:
- In a mist this works well blended into our unscented Aroma Mist, to be sprayed on body, linens and clothes as well as in the your living space throughout the day.
- In an unscented roll-on to be applied topically (hairline, temples etc).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled to work as a pure oil in a 5 ml amber bottle for use in a diffuser or inhalations.