Guide to Blending at Home
Have fun and experiment with Escents' our Aroma Blends and therapeutic grade essential oils to create your own products at home. Download our Essential Oil Guide to Wellness to read about oils that pair well together for physical or physiological benefits. Follow the steps below to custom scent any carrier oil or unscented base:
- Choose any unscented product.
- Choose one or more of our Aroma Blends or Essential Oils.
- Add approximately 45 drops of aroma to 250 ml of unscented product.
- Shake, stir and enjoy your custom scented product!
Add the recommended amount of drops of aroma to the product. Remember, you can always add more fragrance but you cannot take it away once it's been added. When blending with pure Essential Oils please be sure to check safety data and contraindications. Click here to read any contraindications that might apply to the oils you've selected for your custom blend.
Essential Oil Dilution Guide
All essential oils must be diluted first into a base carrier, with the exception of Lavender and Tea Tree. See the chart below for guidelines as to how much essential oil to use based on the volume of an unscented product or base carrier.
|Number of Drops of Essential Oil|
|Amount of Unscented Product||Babies / Children / Elderly, Fragile / Pregnant Women||General Scenting / Pleasure||Psycho-Emotional / Therapeutic||Intense / Localized|
|5 ml (1/6 oz)||1 drop||1 drops||2 drops||3 drops|
|15 ml (1/2 oz)||2||3||6||9|
|30 ml (1oz)||3||6||12||18|
|50 ml (1 1/2 oz)||5||10||20||30|
|60 ml (2 oz)||6||12||24||36|
|100 ml (3 1/2 oz)||10||20||40||60|
|125 ml (4 oz)||12||30||50||75|
|250 ml (8 oz)||25||60||100||150|
|500 ml (16 oz)||50||120||200||300|
- 30 ml = 1 oz
- 20 drops essential oil = 1 ml
- 1000 ml = 32 oz = 1 litre
- 100 drops essential oil = 5 ml = 1 tsp = 1/16 oz
- 4000 ml = 128 oz = 1 gallon
- 350 drops essential oil = 15 ml = 1 tbsp = 1/2 oz